ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical fault + cutting out....

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Been having a problem on and off with the car for about a month, when the car is in low revs ~1000 rpm the idle will stutter up and down until the engine stalls and the electrical fault light comes up on the dash...unless I slam the accelerator and it'll be fine for a little while.

It isnt a constant problem, just happens when it feels like it...and is beginning to piss me off...any ideas people??

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I know this is a probably a stupid question, but i dont know a great deal about engines....where abouts is the 'inlet manifold' where this box is supposed to be, next on the list will be the 'TDC sensor'...

BMW M135i
If that threads telling you to check the ecu loom for it being cut through by the anti-tamper cover then its on the back of the engine bolted to the back of the big black plastic piece (which is the inlet manifold btw).

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Cheers, found it and checked it but all the wiring is intact and doesnt look damaged at all... Any other ideas guys?

- Also, noticed last night that after the engine stalls, theres a loud 'clicking' noise coming from around the driver's side headlight...?