ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical fault when i floor it

Monaco Clio 172
Whenever i put my foot down to the floor on the accelerator i get the electrical fault light come up on the dash and car goes in to limp mode. If i turn ignition off then on its fine until i put my foot down again.

BMW E92 320D
Hmmm, I would say your map sensor, but I don't think it would put your car into limp mode.

Is it only when you put your pedal to the metal :) or when acceleration rather fast as well?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I could be talking out my ass here but it could be the throttle potentiometer?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I think the only way to check it is to change it for a new one or by putting it on the CLIP machine.

Monaco Clio 172
well it happend again on the way home from work but this time it threw the engine management light on. Got a code for the throttle position and post cat lambda

172 Cup
Had the same problem, replaced the throttle body and the accelerator pedal. Fault has gone.

Try and get a second hand throttle body and swap it over, hopefully it will cure your issues.