ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical fault with my Cup

GW Clio 200

Electrical fault on my Cup.

Yesterday I took my car down to Renault and sat down there for 4 hours when I could have been enjoying the Sun and a shandy!!

Anyway..it starts when the square with the squiggly line running through it comes on in the center console indicating an electrical fault and with that, the car loses power. I have to switch the ignition key off and on in order for it to reset and for power to return.

In the 4 hours I sat there, they changed the throttle body, the throttle positioning sensor and the manifold sensor, they tested it and told me that they had sorted the problem.

So, off I go making my way home, not 5 minutes into the journey the fault appears again, and this time goes one better. Im on the A2 doing about 70 and the power steering has gone too, so Im trying to restart the electrics and control the car, I was very fortunate to not be involved in a serious accident..

So... they want my car again in a few days time, Only this time they want it for a whole day, just think what damage they could do in all that time...

Anyway, out of interest has anyone else had a similar problem, I may be able to advise them on something they have yet to consider..

.:xTremely lucky:.

Its probably lucky you were going in a straight line. If youd lost the power steering thrahing it round some country lanes you might have hit a tree.