ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical fault?

2001 Clio Dinamique
The other day i was out in my 1.2 clio 16v, I came back home left the car in gear after switching the engine off then 5 minutes later i tried to start my car again. As it would usualy do it jumped forwared. Ever since then it wont start, i try turning the key and it wont even turn over, all i get is flashing lights on my dashboard and a quick ticking noise from the fuses that are under the bonnet. Ive tried jump starting it and bump starting but nothing is working. Ive also changed the starting motor and solenoid to see if that was the problem but its not. Changed battery and nothing happened either. Can anyone help me?? Woukd be much appreciated!

2001 Clio Dinamique
Its all good it was just the earth wire but since i fixed that the engine wont ignite. Its like the fuel isnt getting into the engine when its turning over?

renault clio 1.4 16v
Check the fuses in the engine bay, if it turns over but dost fire then its either spark or fuel... try turning your ignition on and off a few times, you should hear the fuel pump priming for around a second...

2001 Clio Dinamique
Yeah ive heard the fuel pump so i know thats okay. Ive been fiddling about snd ive noticed that the fuel isnt grtting to the engine. Ive take the wee cap out the front of the car and tried starting it and the fuel wasnt coming through so i think its the pipe running from the pump to the engine has a blockage somewhere. It might not be that but im just assuming it is! Any ideas?

renault clio 1.4 16v
The fuel line is plastic or rubber so unlikley they will be crimped, a blockage in the fuel filter mabe? Mabe uncouple the fiter and fire the car to see if any fuel comes out...

2001 Clio Dinamique
Okay mate ill try that! Someone told me that the timing belt could have snapped so im hoping its not that! Dont see how it could be the timing belt though because it starts with easy start...

Clio 172
Are you sure its not the crank sensor? If it was the timing belt you'd know about it when you try and crank it.