ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical guru's wanted!!!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Right, here goes!

The car has been off the road (track) now for a good 18 months while I've been fitting a new engine and turbo setup.

All mechanical work is now done so went to load the base map onto my Adaptronic 420c ecu and noticed that I couldn't get power to the ecu. Checked the switched feed coming from the OEM ecu and nothing. The reason is that the immobiliser will not go off and is showing a solid red light on the dash.

I cannot work out what could have caused this so am looking for some help on where to look for a solution. Places to look that I know of are wiring (where to start?), relays, immobiliser ring on ignition and UCH.

I anyone could give any pointers on any of these or other fixes that I could look into I would be very appreciative. Very frustrating when the car has taken so long to get to this stage and then this happens!!

Cheers

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Steve I've had exactly the same problem myself. Initially I thought it was the ECU needed reseting, so sent it off to Scoff to have it done, got it back still doing exactly the same.

Anyway had a look on here yesterday and noticed MicKPM had commented on a similar fault a month or two ago so I fired him a pm just asking him if he'd came across anything obvious, he was a great help and said it was nothing to do with the immobiliser and that it was canbus related, I kept straying back to all the wiring and circuits I'd removed in the engine bay but Mick kept steering me back to the can system saying I should check it out this morning.

Jumped in the car this morning checked the resistance of high and low can in the obd port in the interior, sure enough open circuit. Ran a test lead from obd port into the engine bay and con checked low can to the ecu, that was fine. Con checked high can from obd port to ECU and it was open circuit.

Checked the white engine bay loom plug and the high can pin was heavily corroded, tried cleaning it to no avail and eventually hard wired it bypassing the plug. Reconnected the battery and everything was spot on, immobiliser light went out as it should

I owe Mick a pint as I would of spent all day looking round the engine bay loom.

Hope that helps mate

172 cup, Impreza P1
Steve I've had exactly the same problem myself. Initially I thought it was the ECU needed reseting, so sent it off to Scoff to have it done, got it back still doing exactly the same.

Anyway had a look on here yesterday and noticed @MicKPM had commented on a similar fault a month or two ago so I fired him a pm just asking him if he'd came across anything obvious, he was a great help and said it was nothing to do with the immobiliser and that it was canbus related, I kept straying back to all the wiring and circuits I'd removed in the engine bay but Mick kept steering me back to the can system saying I should check it out this morning.

Jumped in the car this morning checked the resistance of high and low can in the obd port in the interior, sure enough open circuit. Ran a test lead from obd port into the engine bay and con checked low can to the ecu, that was fine. Con checked high can from obd port to ECU and it was open circuit.

Checked the white engine bay loom plug and the high can pin was heavily corroded, tried cleaning it to no avail and eventually hard wired it bypassing the plug. Reconnected the battery and everything was spot on, immobiliser light went out as it should

I owe Mick a pint as I would of spent all day looking round the engine bay loom. 

Hope that helps mate

You're some man Steve! Thanks for this, I'll check all this out too.

Spoke to Scoff who is having a similar issue with his test bus so seems it is quite common.

If it works for us both we might both be taking Mick out a pint and maybe pay for a lap dance for him too!!

Cheers again!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You're some man Steve! Thanks for this, I'll check all this out too.

If it works for us both we might both be taking Mick out a pint and maybe pay for a lap dance for him too!!

Cheers again!

Don't joke, there's a Demon inside me and we dropped over a grand on my stag do (That was a good night hehehe)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Are you sure we can not do a brunette Lithuanian lass in a nice thong/bra set? LoLz

172 cup, Impreza P1
Immobiliser is now off!! Yipeee!!! :approve:

Some wiring had been nipped behind the dash. Cut soldered and heat shrink and worked first time.

On with the base map now!