ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical problem, lights and relays clicking?? Help me plz!!!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I have some very strange electrical issues with my 172, I hope someone can cast some light on it.:dapprove:

A couple of weeks ago I parked up after a short journey, pulled the key out of the ignition and the oil pressure warning light started flickering, then other lights on my dash started lighting up, then all the relays in the passengers side footwell started going crazy, clicking on and off.

During this time I could not lock the car with remote or use central locking. Then my alarm went off?? When I then put key in and turn ignition on all the relays stop and lights go off.

This happened a few times over the last few weeks then suddenly I was coming off a round about and I lost all power, then the engine cut out!! managed to pull over.

All the relays were clicking like mad again and various lights flashing on and off (all this with ignition off and key removed!!). Then alarm went off when I tried to lock it.

So now my car wont start and all i get is lights flashing and relays clicking on off on off. The car will crank over fine but will not start.

The fuel pump does not prime either?? sounds like there no fuel getting to engine, could this be alarm? Battery is new and I have checked main earth's etc.

Has anyone any ideas? common faults? its a very strange problem!

Any help would be great!:)