ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electronic steering

alien green rs133
what is needed to make this work
does the cars own ecu need a tdc signal or does the steering calculator just need a certain power???

any help please

hutchie

Do you mean on a Clio with EPAS? Mk2 or Mk3?

Mk3 EPAS is driven via the CANBus, it uses vehicle speed, lateral G, steering angle and a couple of other minor things to determine the driver presented steering load.

I don't know what the Mk2 EPAS used as input as I've never worked with it. It's probably a GEN2 system which just used steering angle and vehicle speed to determine presented load.

alien green rs133
steering sonsor is on the rack and the speedo works fine but i have no EPAS

on a mkph2

the only think i have done is disconnect engine sensors to run standalone and now EPAS doesnt work. i thought it maybe needs like a signal to turn it on, as before i ripped it all to bits EPAS only worked with engine running.

engine stop light still works fine on dash, but i assume this is joined with the battery charge light.

on another note, which wire is tacho as atm i have no rev counter, maybe this affects the EPAS calculator?

cheers for replies so far

hutchie

M

mini-valver

I really really want to keep my EPAS so ill make the fucker work somehow, either that or use a 172 rack and Saxo pump. Dont really get this non power steering is better lark, I hate it. Heavy, cumbersome and BUMPSTEER.

M

mini-valver

I drive my brutal 1.1 Saxo everyday and it has no PAS, not a problem for parking or manouvering its just dirty and horrible when you turn in and give yourself a hernia ;)

Also, trying to correct some oversteer is gay, takes double the time and effort!