ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

elephant insurance tip

BMW 328 Ci

I know it was posted here before but I thought it was worth posting again. It just saved me about £100 quid.

If you are quite young add two older people to you insurance (ie mum and dad) and it actually reduces the premium. Doesnt even seem to matter if they are male or female.

don't

same as admiral, same company

i found adding two older women helped best

doesnt need 2 be family, i added 2 work colleagues :)

BMW 328 Ci

I am with admiral at the mo, the renewal price was £760 for 10 months. I rang up to see if adding parents made a difference, she said it didnt. So i went with elephants £660 for 10 months.

I could have got it down to £500 on norwich union, but i didnt fancy £1000 excess.

when i rang up to add my mum (shes 50 odd) full ncd etc, he goes yep £25.00 off !

as i had a quote on the computer, for them i gave him the ref number & told him to match it, otherwise i was off !

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio

I have been shopping for quotes, added mum and dad on my elephant quote, dropped from 1100 to 800, not a bad saving.

Then, if i took the 10month bonus thingy it was 700, is it worth doing the ten months?

i do the 10 month policies cos i had no NCB, are they classed as havin a full yrs NCB when ya 10 months are up?

gonna renew mine with another company nxt yr cos cant have any more mods put on my insurance with elephant

did you read that of my post mate lol?dont no why it these do this as every other company it goes up!has to ideally be someone middle aged experienced driver with few years no claims.

thing to note if your getting quotes online is when you get your premium if you dont pay by credit card and pay it in a oner(who does this?!)then its going to cost you an extra 20 percent.

they rip you off either way

don't

^^^ i paid all in 1 go with admiral, cost £500, if i wanted to pay monthly it was going to come out at 700, total rip off for wanting to pay monthly lol

hic are gd, nice payments, u pay all the money over the 1st 6 months and then ur done, so then 6 months of no paying anything, thats pretty gd