ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elephant Pr**ks

Who is insured by Elephant on here? i was told they were cheap!

Im 25 with 5+ years no claims on a 172 sport (02) with no convictions and the website said i would have to phone as they wouldnt give me a quote online?!!!

I then spoke to some little sh*t at Elephant who was an aragant get who id love to get hold of who told me that he couldnt give me a quote until he knew for definate if my car was an import. I told him after a couple of mins while i checked and he said he would have to know for definate before i got the quote. I told him that it was an import and i ended up putting the phone down on him. GRRRRrrrooooooWWWwwwwlllllll.

Any body else got anywhere else i can go to get a cheap quote? im with Privilige at the moment and im told that i can get this cheaper else where.?

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 21 May 2004 at 2:32pm]

im 20yrs old 2yrs ncb and on a 10month policy with elephant it came out at 1160, quoted me £1650 online so that was good and with business useage as well, im suprised they wouldnt even quote you on it

Revels Mum & Sister

They wont quote for Imports online

UK cars they will. I am 21 and they will quote me for an Evo 7. But any import they wont.

Skoda Fabia vRS

ring Liverpool Victoria on 0800 514 514

you will find they have the most helpful and polite staff of any insurance company, im in my second year with them and have my turbo conversion insured with them

Revels Mum & Sister

heheh A LOT OF COINS

Silly amounts. I was just bored and getting quotes on stupid cars

From memory was around £2400

elephabt quoted me online mine is an import?? unless they have changd their policy as this was dont only 2 weeks agao and i was very pleased with the service and quote i was givien

Mate - try Admiral - believe they are the parent Co to Elephant. Was with Elephant last year and Admiral beat their quote this time. £415 fully comp with protected no claims on a 53 172. Mines import also, they never asked.

I think alot of these Insurance companies just make it up as they go alone... they are all robbing mailto:b@st@rds">b@st@rds... they should be shot!

Poor people like me pay over the not end for insurance! I pay about 730 for my 172 at the moment.. im 25... wTF also.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

They quoted me online for my 172 and its an import. In fact I have my 16v and 172 insured through them and I have to say theyve been good so far (apart from the renewal, which worked out cheaper letting the policy expire then restarting from scratch on their website rather than taking their renewal quote). Also their claims dept seems very good so far too.

Im glad someone has gotten some joy from them then!! I must say it must just be me cause i have no luck in anything that ido... or buy!

Quote: Originally posted by geordieclio on 21 May 2004

liverpool wouldnt insure me on 172 cup 22 with 2 yrs ncb until i am 25????? wtf
Glad its not just me who has been told that.

Funny that company who are so unbothered my mods are so strick on 172s.

You can get a Fabia Vrs chipped for very little with them (£200 extra for me) but a 172 your looking at needing to be 25 and paying ~£1200.

Tesco and Direct line charge reasonably prices for 172 insurance usually but I think there quite hard on mods. Also The company CLiosport members get a disoucnt with (forget the name) are a couple of % cheaper but Ive heard of some difficults in payouts.

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 21 May 2004

They wont quote for Imports online
Got a quote for my 172 import from them online and they were the cheapest by £200+ (over Tesco). They were also extremely helpful over the phone....

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

cant really say to much cos i work for elephant but ring back and tell them its a european import we now cover them as normal only jap imports get classed diffrent know ( cos of the parts)

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by pmaths on 21 May 2004Mate - try Admiral - believe they are the parent Co to Elephant. Was with Elephant last year and Admiral beat their quote this time. £415 fully comp with protected no claims on a 53 172. Mines import also, they never asked.

Im with Elephant. Every email I recieve from Elephant says this underneath.

****** This email is sent for and on behalf of Admiral Insurance Services Limited ****** .Admiral Insurance Services Limited is registered in England and Wales at Capital Tower, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3AZ (Reg. No. 02686904).

****** This email is sent for and on behalf of Able Insurance Services Limited ******
Able Insurance Services Limited (trading as "Gladiator Insurance Services") is registered in England and Wales at Alexandra House, Alexandra Road, Swansea, SA1 5ED (Reg. No. 2890075 ).

****** This email is sent for and on behalf of Inspop.com Limited ******
Inspop.com Limited (also trading as "Confused.com") is registered in England and Wales at 6th Floor Dominions House South, Dominions Arcade, Cardiff, CF10 2AR (Reg. No. 03857130 ).

They were about the only ones who would touch me on a Williams, 20, No NCD etc..

Liverpool Victoria wouldnt quote, HIC woudlnt quote etc..

black golf v6 4 motion

i am currently insured with reno themselves after my free ins expired on 1.2 16v dynamique they gave me 4 yrs ncb i now have 5 i am paying £1100 with declared zorst and tinted windows....... 22yrs old North shields Newcastle upon tyne garaged too

Was with Admiral and they gave me a renewal of £610 for 10months.

Elephant was £585 for 10 months

Direct line was £567 for 12 months

But Tesco have gave me an on line price of £546 for 12 months and a lesser excess than the others.

I am 24 with 5 years NCB on a 53 reg Cup.

They are cheap for me......

i just got insurance from them yday actually!

im 19... no ncb, one accident, clean licence, pass plus, fully modified 1.2 16v clio worth say 9k, and im insured for 1480!

out of 20 insurance companies that i rang, 16 wouldnt touch me and the other 3 were over 2500!!!! so for me they were fooking good!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I just did an online quote for my forthcoming 182 with elephant.co.uk

Im 25, 1yr NCB, 4 previous accidents (3fault) and it came out at 647quid

Bloody bargain if you ask me :D

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 21 May 2004
Quote: Originally posted by geordieclio on 21 May 2004liverpool wouldnt insure me on 172 cup 22 with 2 yrs ncb until i am 25????? wtf[/QUOTE]Glad its not just me who has been told that.Funny that company who are so unbothered my mods are so strick on 172s.You can get a Fabia Vrs chipped for very little with them (£200 extra for me) but a 172 your looking at needing to be 25 and paying ~£1200.Tesco and Direct line charge reasonably prices for 172 insurance usually but I think there quite hard on mods. Also The company CLiosport members get a disoucnt with (forget the name) are a couple of % cheaper but Ive heard of some difficults in payouts.

One of the reasons that LV is so cheap is because they are pretty tight on the cars they insure. for example you cant get a car thats over grp10 if youre under 21, and then you have to be over 25 to get a car over grp15. Ya take the rough with the smooth I guess.

BMW M3 - For Sale!

u guys have well cheap insurance!

ive got a 1994 clio 1.4rt and im payin £2200 per year with tesco. and thats the cheapest quote i could find! i am only 17 tho :(

Thats odd as f**k mate, stuck my name in there, 18 1 years NCB, and got a quote right back for £3880 fc, or £2500 3rd party

Golf 1.4 TSI

Got a quote for evo viii 340 for 1250 im 23 with 5yrs no claims, almost tempted by it.

was 7000 miles a year and social use only

Quote: 2500 quid for an evo 7 age 21?? feckin rock on! im off to get one now!! hehe is it only me that dont think thats bad???!!

nope!!! i think thats bloody good!!! considering i get quoted that one a 1.2 and im 19!!!