ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elf Oil

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
hi Guys

Can someone confirm....

Elf Evolution SXR 5W-40 is OK for the F4R 738 engines?

On the Elf site it says this oil is specifically for Clio 2.0 RS, but when I look at data sheet. it says this oil is for Diesel engines, not sure what difference is between Diesel and Petrol engine oil in this instance...

182cup & 172 racecar
hi Guys

Can someone confirm....

Elf Evolution SXR 5W-40 is OK for the F4R 738 engines?

On the Elf site it says this oil is specifically for Clio 2.0 RS, but when I look at data sheet. it says this oil is for Diesel engines, not sure what difference is between Diesel and Petrol engine oil in this instance...
This is the correct oil.

Evo 5 RS
not bad, think it was 45 quid from the stealers last time I checked. (That was with filter and washer now I come to think of it, duh)

Last edited:
Thread revival! Sorry, didn't want to start a new thread when this is the same/similar question.

I picked up some Evolution 900 SXR 5W40 from Renault today, is this the right stuff? I know it's Evo SXR, but the 900 bit threw me off and the website says it's designed for lubricating diesel engines. The spec sheet half way down does also suggest it's good for petrol too, but would just like to make sure before I drain my engine!

Spec sheet here

Cheers

Phase 2 clio 172
I went to the renault dealers at Dunton and I think it was about £30 for oil and filter,

oil being elf evolution

Gave it an oil change because the dephaser or some other expensive s**t can be abit noisy at times, it's helped a little lol