ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

emissions light, help!

172 Ph2. Mmm...
right, heres the deal, i have a clio 172 (facelift) and basically the emissions light comes and goes, when the light is on, it revs by itself and if i put my foot on the throttle it wont pass 3000rpm.

i think its a faulty lamba sensor(s) but would like a second opinion before i take it to a garage and fork out!

cheers.

M3 SMG
Sounds like missfire there tbh. Lambda could be the initial cause. Does it sound spluttery and like a spitfire?

Golf GTD Mk7
i'd have said faulty pre-CAT lambda. Get someone with an RStuner to stick it in and it should tell you if the signal is correct

172 Ph2. Mmm...
cheers for the replies, its not spluttery at all, sounds sweet, just the revving goes up down etc, i initially think its lambda sensors but not sure which one, ^^^ as you say pre cat sensor... took it to the garage today anyway so will have to wait for the hefty bill!

172 Ph2. Mmm...
right, little update, problem still stands after the garage 'thought' they had done it by changing the throttle actuator. its clearly not that, it comes on and stays on... but every once and a while it decides to go off and be fine, turn the car off and start again, it can come up.... any ideas anyone?