ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

emissions warning light

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
hey folks please help,

my emissions warning light came on a couple of days after i had my sports cat fitted, i took it back to them (longlife - say no more) and i was told it was my k&n, they knocked the light off for me and i put a pipercross viper on instead of it.

this week the light came back on again, i checked my viper and its spotless, can anybody help me please,

dont wanna take it to reno coz it could cost a bomb for something simple,

cheers folks.......

RS RIP
when you've had your exhaust decatted it is what caused your emission light to come on, nothing to do with your airfilter. Now they made some more $$ , and you're still lighting up..

Your engine is not going to be effected by it though, just leave it .

ps; you can solve it by buying (yes, more $$) a "sleeve" for the second lambdasensor (this one measures your emission, makes light come on). The sensor is removed from the exhaust and you put it into this "sleeve". You twist a regular bolt in the exhaust where the lambda used to be. The motor-management is "fooled" as it, to put it simple, measures clean emission..

They sold this for my Saxo, thinking the same can be done with the other fast french one ;)

TVR Cerbera
when you've had your exhaust decatted it is what caused your emission light to come on, nothing to do with your airfilter. Now they made some more $$ , and you're still lighting up..

Your engine is not going to be effected by it though, just leave it .

ps; you can solve it by buying (yes, more $$) a "sleeve" for the second lambdasensor (this one measures your emission, makes light come on). The sensor is removed from the exhaust and you put it into this "sleeve". You twist a regular bolt in the exhaust where the lambda used to be. The motor-management is "fooled" as it, to put it simple, measures clean emission..

They sold this for my Saxo, thinking the same can be done with the other fast french one ;)

Not always! some clio's light will go out with this method, mine comes on occasionally with a sportcat fitted! some you can disconnect the lambda and that works, but mine didn't!
what the ecu 'looks' for is a difference between the 2 lambdas and also that the second one is in a 'safe zone' to check the cat is working.
if you can't get it to go out put some tape over it cos it's a databus signal from the ecu and you can't just snip a wire, however you could remove the led

Daz

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
cheers for the advice folks, i'm gonna take it to the local garage (not renault) to see what they gotta say.......

dont bother - I went through a decat, 100psi sport cat and 200psi sport cat and emissions light used to come on with any of the 3! not a solvable problem unfortunately - I tried and also Prospeed tried everything possible but nothing makes a difference. It will probably go back off from time to time but rest assured it will reappear when it feels like it!

oh and STOP GOING TO LONGLIFE CARDIFF!!! ABSOLUTE MUPPETS!!!!!!!!!

TVR Cerbera
either leave it or put tape over bulb(led) or put standard cat back on. these are the only solutions to your problem

Daz

RB 182
mine came on after i got a de-cat fitted so i got a fault code reader from k-tec and when it comes on i just plug it in a turn the light off. takes a minute and only cost £38

true ^^^ ...... dont think it has anything to do with the ik ???
the sports cat will still make the light come on , luckily mine is ok atm