ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

End of an era

Bumblebee
Well its been fun, but time with my clio sports have come to an end unless i decide to buy a vee next weekend, which is doubtful. Trying to buy a second property as im never going to get rich int he job im in - so having to make sensible investments to make decent gains.

Anyway I met Jonny "Jonaldinho" off the site this morning - whereby he agreed to take the 172 off my hands once it goes through its service this week all clear. He knows the car, and i know he will take care of it.:)

Anyway, a few bow out pictures. Looks like it will be a cheaper run about from next week probably a 106 gti (more of a sideways step with cheaper running costs.)

100_1375.jpg

100_1354.jpg

100_1373.jpg

100_1382.jpg

100_1361.jpg

100_1351.jpg

100_1750.jpg

100_1739.jpg

100_1573.jpg

100_1571.jpg

100_1760.jpg

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i though u only just purchased it ??

anyway nice to see it will stay in the club and im sure will be a good buy jonaldinho !

Bumblebee
i though u only just purchased it ??

anyway nice to see it will stay in the club and im sure will be a good buy jonaldinho !

Yeh only 3 months, but circumstances for me seem to change at a furious rate!

From one sexy owner to another....love this car and your pretty face!!

Right back at ya luv;)

Saw this on Pistonheads!! Mint car - great that it will be staying on CS!!

Cheers Louise, yeh he will look after it for sure:)

Why o why didnt they do 182s in Monaco blue :(

Lovely car.

Cheers mate, i still have two and a half other cars at the mo with the two minis and the metro turbo. Plus this is my second go at a 172, kinda got the t-shirt now. Will miss it dearly tho:(

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Lovely car, shame you couldnt get a V6, would be cool knowing there is one kicking about Edinburgh :D

The Beast MK4
I am very very pleased. :D

Now time to really start the push to sell the beast mk1. I'll miss it like hell too...

Octavia VRS
Knew Jon would snap it up after he saw it. Gutted it was just too soon for me but Jon is the next best thing! :)

Bumblebee
Cheers Maz - time to grow up and all that. Property in Edinburgh is one of the highest in Europe, and tryin to keep my flat and buy another house is mucho expensive. Fingers crossed tho...

you will enjoy the 106 Gti though mate - proper little firerocket that thing. You wont be 'too' dissapointed - although the insurance is almost identical if i remember correctly!

The Beast MK4
I'll give the Kenny boy a passenger seat blast round the backroads in the beast mk2 to help your cause Iain. :cool:

Banana
Nice purchase there John, I've always liked that motor. :approve: Looks absolutely mint, and good to see it's staying in the club. Trust you to stick with Monaco though lol

yeh none of this CTR lark ;)
Just as well I like being "different" then

:rasp:

Bloody hell John that didn't last long! Very much reminds me of my old 172 which - despite the problems - I do miss. But glad it's going to a member in this area. Don't have a clue where my old shed went but apparenty it's been sold by Phoenix Honda in Linwood to "some young chap". Good luck to him...

Hopefully he'll be sensible enough to take out an extended warranty - my 172's warranty would expire in 4 days from now LOL

FN04 EKZ if anyone's in the area - monaco blue with cup splitter, Thatcham alarm stickers at bottom of rear side windows, and it still had the Cliosport sticker on the back window when I traded it in!

I hope to f*ck the new owner doensn't appear on here and finds out my old car's history :eek:. Saying that (if you're reading this new owner) it was well looked after and maintained perfectly by me. Shame about the Renault muppets at the garages...

But I know John's/Johnnys 172 is a peach in comparison - all the best for future ownership!