ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

End Of An Era

Family Bus
My Clio has just been collected by the finance company after I surrendered it back to them.

Had a tear (or 20) in my eye as it disappeared round the corner, but it's for the best!

Time to get my finances in order, had to prioritise and the car lost.

Wonder what's going to be next!

However, I would 100% have another RS Clio, without a doubt.

The most raw, fun enjoyable little car I have ever owned.

May try and save my pennies for a PH1. Who knows!

Bye Bye Cliobus. :(

IMG_5808.gif

Family Bus
Pep's - finance for Gem? .. £20 a week do it ;)

Looked nice with the orange bullets...IMO.

Clio 197 08
Hey, gutted to hear you had to send this one back! Not good to keep hearing about these things! Glad you want to get another one! Keep us updated and start saving those pennys!

Clio
no way :dapprove:

thats gonna put you in a bad mood for very long time losing that i know it would to me

Clio 172 cup
ph1s are very sort after now, the rawness and cheaper price and tax will make them more desirable than ph2s when the credit crunch bites harder

Family Bus
It's cost me an absolute fortune over the past 18 months, nearly everything that could have broken did.

Something was up with suspension again so that would have been another expenditure I don't need, so thankfull it has gone really.

PH1's are only as sought after as anything ever is tbh...price of PH2's has dropped as has everything, and by the time I've saved enough up for one it'll be vintage anyway :rasp:

vauxhall corsa vxr
looked a nice car but as you say it's for the best good luck with future cars

what happens when you send a car back on finance

sad sad day gem:( *hugs*..... as youve said it was for the best, chin up and keep smileing you no you'll bounce back.

n0rm:)

Swift Sport
Sorry to hear you had to let it go Gem, hope you get yourself back behind the wheel of another RS real soon! :)

Clio DCi and a 306 GTi-6
Sorry to hear the cars gone,you've done the right thing though,it's better than doing a insurance job on it,we used to pick dozens up weekly(new/old cars trashed n torched)for insurance payouts.
i think they just auction them off for a fraction of what they're worth and you owe the difference still..
The recovery/breakdown firm i used to work for had us collect/repo them and take them to British car auctions in Derby..
Credit rating will suffer,just means won't be able to get mobile phone contracts or store cards etc for a few yrs,not as bad as declaring yourself bankrupt though..

Family Bus
I'd paid off enough to surrender it back....a third iirc.

So shouldn't affect me, but as I only work a few hours a week and I'm not bothered about credit I'm fine.

Sad day, but I need to get back on my feet, car was costing around £300 all in per month to run (finance, insurance, fuel etc) which to me is not justifiable at all.

Much better things to spend my money on...

I'm still teary eyed though LOL!

Cayman S Edition 1
I'd paid off enough to surrender it back....a third iirc.

So shouldn't affect me, but as I only work a few hours a week and I'm not bothered about credit I'm fine.

Sad day, but I need to get back on my feet, car was costing around £300 all in per month to run (finance, insurance, fuel etc) which to me is not justifiable at all.

Much better things to spend my money on...

I'm still teary eyed though LOL!

There's always something good that comes out of something bad.

Fingers crossed it happens to you sooner rather than later!

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Shame to have to get rid as it looked lovely, but good on you for prioritising, you'll get something even better one day :)

Family Bus
^^ Thanks! I loved it!

S'ok though, there's a local lad with a PH1 Iceberg who's oranged his up....nice reminder hehe!

And I will be back .. one day!