ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay spruce up!!!

Insignia SRi
Had a go at sorting out my engine bay today before my inlets get matched in couple of weeks.

I think the results look prety good, complements the othe mods quite well.

Had a go at colour coding the engine cover and spraying the inlets and fuel rail which was suprisingly easy.

Let me know what you think. :approve:

Last edited:
  Insignia SRi
Thanks guys,

Im really happy with how it turned out.

Heres a few more I took after giving the car a quick clean!!

Last edited:
  Insignia SRi
Just thought its a bit different rather than having them polished!!!

The whole job only cost me £20 in paint and sandpaper etc!!

Insignia SRi
Thanks mate, I just wanted something different to compliment the red strutbrace, cos the silver engine cover, blue hoses and red brace looked odd!!!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Was your brace any bother to get fitted, and have you noticed any difference with it?

Insignia SRi
Nope not at all, took about 15mins to put it on from taking it out of the box!!!

Just need 4 small pilot holes and the 4 selt tapping screws (provided) srew straight into the strut top!!!

I think it makes a big difference in cornering, iv got a non cup 172 so the suspension is a bit limp anyway but now its really flat in the twisties!!!

Only pain though is that you need to take the brace off every time you want to take the engine cover off!!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have the K-Tec polished brace at the moment but it's proving to be a ballache to fit it :(

Insignia SRi
It shouldnt be, from what I can tell its basically the same as my OMP one iv got, the right hand side of it needs a bit of a wiggle to get it in though!!!

What types of sandpaper/ spray paint do you need?

Did you take anything off to do it or just go ahead with it all together?

Insignia SRi
No i took the engine cover off and did that with a Plastkote clear primer and spray paint.

I used grade 1500 sandpaper (really fine) to sand the cover prior to painting and the inlets and fuel rail i did with a combination of spray and normal liquid engine enamel and lots of masking up!!! lol :D

Insignia SRi
I only did it because the blue hosing and red brace looked a bit odd together with the standard engine cover.

The pics dont really do it justice, looks so much better in the flesh!!!