ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine block weight?

Commie VID

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise 111S, Model 3
Hi there!

As I'm currently in the throes of breaking my wife's Clio, I was wondering about the engine. Given its 200k miles, and it failing on emissions, there's as much a chance the engine is knackered as it might be something as stupid as a sensor.

Because of the huge mileage, I can't particularly see any value in it as is.

So perhaps out of curiosity and something to learn and do, I'm wondering about dismantling it and stripping it down, and then maybe turn the engine block into a coffee table or something as a weird tribute.

Just wanted to find out the weight of the block, and perhaps the head, without any of the internals? As it's an iron block, I sense it might be too much on the weighty side, so its either considered sturdy or just simply too heavy!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The head and block are about 100kg I think.

Stripped out I'd imagine the block being 40kg ish.

@dann2707 might know as he made a few tables out of them.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I bought this one a few years ago. 1.2 block, weight wise nothing to worry about.
20190303_095155.jpg