ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Blown :(

Clio v6

Teddy, I just had a look at that list of possible causes for engine failure. I think number 63 discribes ME to the letter.

"By far the most common cause of piston and engine failure comes from the loose nut that sits on the seat and overrevs the engine instead of shifting and generally doesn’t have an understanding of what really makes it work or how to properly keep it serviced".

Hope you get it all sorted properly and soon Tim.

Leon Cupra

Try again.

<a target="_blank" href="www.tjgrove.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Ds.JPG">www.tjgrove.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Ds1.JPG">

Leon Cupra

Called my dealer today and they told me to get my breakdown company to tow it to the dealership, they will inspect it and call me back. So it will be going tomorrow

Tim.

tim, have a look down the front of the engine bay where the alternator is..

in order - top to bottom, the units are, alternator, power steering, air con pump.

the green fluid is confusing me...

does the aircon pump look to be still in place ??... and in one piece ??.

you may have suffered from a pump sieze.

there is no sign of engine oil there, so you may be looking in the wrong place for the culprit.

a ventilated sump would cause oil (Dark to black colouring)

you might have actually got away with the engine itself.

fascinated now...

but a look down the front should offer some insight.

Joe.

Your green fluid is normally coolant (well it has been on pretty much every car ive had ) but the damage looks pretty bad and unless you rag the car daily with little oil in it then id expect it to run perfectly for years (unless something did break )

Tony

Leon Cupra

Yep the green stuff is coolant, and all air-con, alt and power steering pumps are in place. Stuck my finger in the hole in the sump cover and there is a hole in the sump.

Tim.

p.s tow truck should be hear within the hour.

Leon Cupra

GGGRRRR!!! Idiots sent the wrong tow truck, the driver said it would rip my bumper off if he try’s to lift my car. Apparently my car is "to low and has a low hanging bumper", crap more like he wants to get home because his tea is ready

Tim.

Leon Cupra

By the way my car is 100% completely standard it hasn’t been lowered and has a normal 172 bumper. Lying t**sers!!!

Tim.

Just out of curiosity, is the sump screw still there or has id gone?
Just that when i had my 19 16v (a few years ago now) one certain Renault dealer who was faultless up to this time BTW left my sump screw loose :mad: (hope that one comes out!) so having taken it back they said it was a faulty seal..... :rolleyes: hmmmmmmmm yup ok...

Tony

Hi Tony..

he would have had plenty of advance warning if this was the case Sir.

the LOP would have illuminated (Low oil pres)

would love to see images of the internals though...

Joe

Leon Cupra

Well my car went into Renault today, so im just waiting for them to inspect it to see what needs doing. Ill post any updates as soon as i get them.

Tim.