ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine building, timing, upgrades etc

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1494753This is the timing tool I don’t use the standard horse shoe as it’s for 197 cams and as @Touring_Rob said it was getting dark in a shed in my garden with a dead line so was rushing like anything Easy mistake When rushing you saying “I wouldnt time up” well it did but obviously didn’t run. But it’s all sorted now so no harm done

Good man - good luck with new engine!

Clio 182 cup
F67D3B0F-60D4-4A1A-ADCD-933441B50455.jpeg
And now we’re into engine number 3 🤦🏻‍♂️ Whilst mapping again at Ktec had bottom end failure and now it sounds like a bag of spanner’s under the bonnet. 2020 was a year of broken engines for me, so this time I have managed to get a low mileage ph1 172 engine and have fitted all new gaskets and seals, new head gasket and head bolts, arp rod bolts and some 197 cams along with rs2 inlet again and sent the box off to northloop for a rebuild but will not be going back to Ktec and I just don’t have any faith unfortunately so will be going to engine dynamics or efi this time round and hoping for a better outcome

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Good luck with the new engine, and good shout to go to EFI or ED, fingers crossed for good numbers and reliability🤞🏻