ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Codes (DERV's)

So I spent all night trying to disifer the Renault engine codes, what I have got so far is
F8Q632 or F8Q630

F (engine family A-Z)
8 (engine architecture 8 Diesel engine with indirect injection or 9 Diesel engine with direct injection)
Q (displacement A-Z) easy up to now :)
right then this is were it gets a little more tricky i am only looking in to DERV's at the mo will come back to the petrols some other time.
6 (n/a) ??? 7 (turbo)???
then there's 2 more numbers after this, my engine has
2 or 0

now the megane classic DCI has the same code as the cango other than its a turbo so it gets a 7 and not a 6 on the 4th number in but what are the last 2 number for? Because it cannot be something like the code for catalytic converter as all of these engines should have them <1992

other numbers (the last 2) on the F9Q7 engions are 10, 16, 22, 30, 31, 32, 34, 36, 40, 44, 80, 82 or 90
while the N/A DERV only has F8Q6 30 or 32 (both 64HP) and the D55 is F8Q662 (54HP)
The Kangoo turbo DERV is a F9Q780 (80HP)
The Kangoo Turbo DERV 4x4 is F9Q782 and F9Q790 (same power 80HP)

so what are these last 2 numbers all about then?
no way is renault going to make hundrads of diffreant engion configs are thay???? must be a simpole way of working them out.