ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Conversion

I have a 4DR RT 1.4i, on a J Plate...

Also i have a 1.8 16v Chamade, on a J Plate...

I want the 16v in my clio, is this possible without major alterations ?
Also can you guys give me some tips on the installation and what problems i am to encounter...

Cheers Guys

Revels Mum & Sister

Not sure mate

But as someone has said. If you dont know where to start dont try it yourself. If you have no mechnical knowledge or experience dont bother.

Not meaning to be funny mate but not really worth it. Just drive the 19 or sell both

There are difference between 19 and clio 16v units, ie loom,engine mounts,inlet manifold etc etc, so you will need to source these parts as well, might be easier to and cheaper to start with a clio 16v, even though most parts you should be able to find cheap enough in a breakers!

i got an inlet manifold and throttle body etc with all the mounting plates and everything needed dead cheap if your interested

henryeasterbrook@yahoo.co.uk

Quote: Originally posted by FunkMastA on 13 June 2003

Right, i did actually do a post for help transfereing the F7P engine into my clio, as all the bits were actually stolen from my ren19 chamade, i had a mate tow it down to his house to have some bodywork done whilst i got new hoses. During which time the alarm was left off outside his house, and the whole car has now been stolen!!! both me and him are astonished we heard nothing, as i stayted at his for a few jars that night, how it was moved must have been interesting to see, but im so gutted at the moment i think its the man upstairs telling me that having a valver is not to be :p if i get that car back now, i guarantee the engine will be screwed to death, and really dont want it back (what i told the police) :(

ill troop on with my 1.4RT and see how quick i can get that to for now, as for the new samco hoses @ 125, can i get a set for my likkle 1.4 ? if so, how much...

thanks for all the help with my valver engine guys but im afraid the idea is now dead and buried....
Cheers for all the help again peeps :(

WAY HEY! Sorry to mess you all about but my car has turned up minus a poo head unit and my momo steering wheel, oh and there was a few bits of backky n rizzla bits in the back, the engine has not been touched eigher as there was still no hoses (initially i thought it was the same robbers who took my samco hoses and ecu) so shes sitting pretty back home :D

Right, 16v - 2.0 mate, i have emailed you with request of the following "inlet manifold and throttle body etc with all the mounting plates and everything needed " what else is needed ? any one ?

Cheers for this all, hopefully ill be able to give other people advise on this when i get mine up and running, fully understanding the work that is to be carried out on my clio...