ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine conversion

Got another renault 19 16v.
Would like to swap the engins over, fancy a break from the 1.4RT:sick:

Can i swap the engines over? (16v into my 4dr RT)

Basically, im stripping the 19 down and would like my clio to benefit. Also as its winter n all, ill have a nice project. What parts will i need to source extra before i get to work?

Cheers All!

well id scorce a Clio 1.8 16v for a start.......coz itll be cheaper to insure than an engine swaped 1.4rt !!;)

Can i swap the engines over? (16v into my 4dr RT) << insurance companies dont like this sort of thing, & youll pay the price for it, the brakes are different,wheels bearings, i think anti roll bars too....etc etc....the list goes on.

amazes me when nova lads put 2.0l engines into 1.2s & forget everything else.....thet they wonder why they find themselves parked in a tree one day !!

not tryin ta put you off or anything.......its up to you what you do with yer motor......but atleast youve been told some of the scary bits !!

i was told pretty much the same a while back... the thing is, the r19 is a total mess body wise (vandals) plus i hate driving them.

I was hoping to be able to something with what i have, obviously i accept ill need other few parts.

Seems like a bad idea? Anyone done this already?

also .......just noticed your current car......youd get more body flexing from a 4 door !! its a bit like the wallys that put R5GTT engines into clio 1.4rts !! sorry MaLiCe......what did you say you had done to your 1.4RT ?? lol;)

so putting the r19 engine in mine is a bad idea basically?

i meean i want a full custom roll cage in mine + front & rear strut braces, surely that should solidify the car alot more?

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont be scared off, Malice and Lowes cars are both perfectly fine

id speak to someone who actually has the conversion, rather than speculation...

So can i get that engine in mine?
And what parts Exactly would i need to source for the conversion anyone?

The Chamade has also got a full Scorpion Exhaust system, could that be of any use on my Clio (If modified)?

PS. I need a new ECU & All Pipe work (all all the pipes where Samco, and robbed, i put it down to being the pretty colours, HA! Dumb-Ass twockerZ)

Well, youll need inlet & exhaust manifolds and throttle body from a Clio16V, as the 19s wont fit. Although its the same engine, a few parts are different to manage to squeeze the engine in the Clios bay.

The zaust - you could get away with using the backbox, the rest certainly wont fit..

16v Inlet & Exhaust Manifolds
16v Throttle Body
From the BackBox Back 16v Exhaust

What else?

Getiing this little Chrimbo list together today :)

Hopefully

Cheers All!