ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio ,c20xe nova gte
hello there, first of great forum only my second post :eek:, anyhow my other half have recently bought a mk2 phase 1 1.2 8v clio from a friend for me only paid £300 with 11moths tax and test on it.....but the problem is i have been driving his c20xe nova for a while and were looking to drop a 172-182 lump in is there any place i can get a how to or could some one give me a list of whats needed to be done and what parts are needed, engine mount ect thanks guys
Sam.x

My phase 1 172 cost £1300 but you can get them a bit cheaper.

Probably easier by the time you've swapped brakes etc over on the 1.2, unless you're attached to the 1.2?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
be far easier to just buy a sport.
if you want a list of whats involved then pm me. there is also a thread in the prject section of a black one that recently had the conversion done

clio ,c20xe nova gte
he thanks for the replys we never go the easy way about things and i love to achieve somthing so we are going to have a go at a mk2 cnversion my other half has done pleant of mk1 clio conversions but now trying a mk2 thanks

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Conversion isn't worth it unless you want to spend more on it than the car will be worth in the end.. I was planning to convert my 1.2 16V over but after seeing a 172 for around the same price as I paid for my 1.2 I am going to get a 172 probably next year now when I am ready for a new car and when insurance lowers a bit. Stick with the 1.2 for now until you save up to buy a 172 :)

Lionel Richie
pissing in the wind, and i've done 5 of them, just buy a sport (which you'll pretty much have to do anyway to get all the parts you need)

clio ,c20xe nova gte
just a thought i have a spare vauxhall engine in the garage and my other half could make mounts i even have a box and nova shafts or i could get custom shafts :/

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
putting a 2.0 engine in is as fred says pissing in the wind ( i only did it because its never been done to a van) but to then put a now old redtop engine in that makes 20bhp less as standard is even worse.. if anything drop the 1.8t vag engine in there.

its going to take extensive work to get a 20xe working properly in a clio.. and im guessing you will also need to run a standalone management

clio ,c20xe nova gte
ive always had vauxhalls my other half has had a few french cars and all hes had is problems with head gaskets gearbox's

clio ,c20xe nova gte
nope run standerd managment you only need an ignition live constand live and fuel pump wire to run the redtop engine i would run a f17 gearbox from an astra coupe as the linkage will then fit the clio with slight mods custom mounts a 172 fuel pump and custom shafts use fiat coupe turbo breaks 4x100 with vectra calipers

clio ,c20xe nova gte
why i already have a c20xe nova and my husband has a c20let nova so we got vauxhall fun just want to be different

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Standard ClioSport proceadure I'm afraid, did you not read the terms and condtions?

2.2 bar shed.
pics of me or the cars if its me you lot discust me and im a married girl yes

Then why not stick in a 1.8T from the vag range? With all the selection out there going for a vauxhall engine is a little... Narrow minded?

Also, tits or gtfo.

clio ,c20xe nova gte
well ges what wanker i will get the f**k off then u sick perverted little boy didnt your family ever teach you manners prick

200cup thanks dude i will do :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Wow wow wow (that's English for stop a horse)

Cliosport has a select humour, U get used to it.

Best way to do a 172 conversion is to buy a rear ended 172. U need pretty much all the parts off it, the electrics are very complicated ( for a shitbox hatch) they run on a life support like setup ha.

Its doable though for about a grand.

The vaux engine could be interesting, least no one has ever done it! (maybe for a good reason)

Good luck either way

If you can do it, why are you asking questions, qualified mechanic and all that.

All the info you need is on here, so have a search.

Chill out as well please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.