ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine convirsion. .

172cup / mk1 rs1600
this has probably been asked times before but i'll try again... has anybody on here done the 5 turbo convirsion in the valver? ive found a mint engine, but do i use my drive shafts? how tricky is the wiring loom? and the engine is carb, is there a fuel injection system for it too? many thanks, any feedback would be apreciated, or if you have previoustly done the job, n e tips or hints? thanks again austen

S2000
I think there are a few on here with the 5 Turbo conversion. The engine can be converted to fuel injection but I believe there is some problem in gettin the engine in the clio engine bay when you do this (that might be wrong but I think I've read it before). Not too sure about the driveshafts TBH but if you do a search you should find the answer. It will also be worth searching the old forum at http://forum.cliosport.net as there is a fair bit on there about the conversion IIRC.

IMO you would probably be better going for a williams conversion, unless the engine has been rebuilt to a higher spec so that it can run ~ 200BHP reliably.