ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Cover - Painting, plus other advice/suggestions

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Going to paint my engine cover to match theaccent colour I am going for. Was going to paint wheels and mirror covers orange in the Plasti-kote stuff as I have heard good things about it. Was wondering if anyone has doen the same with their engine covers? If so, undercaot it or not? As I was going to apply a few coats of platic primer to the cover but not sure in the high heat environment.

or if anyone has any other suggestions for paint, as I am in need of a good suply of it as I probably wont buy all the paint I need in one go!

dan's cast offs.
can't believe i'm going to recommend them, but halfords do an adhesion promoter, or something like that, in an aerosol. i've used it for loads of stuff, plastics, ally, cast etc and it works well.

although not sure about using it with plastikote?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
can't believe i'm going to recommend them, but halfords do an adhesion promoter, or something like that, in an aerosol. i've used it for loads of stuff, plastics, ally, cast etc and it works well.

although not sure about using it with plastikote?

I presume this works best with Halfords paint for the top coat/colour?

dan's cast offs.
i've used all srots over it, hamerite aerosol and brush, primer, high build, normal aerosol, hard had aerosol. not had a problem with anything reacting to it, if you do use it just make sure it's bone dry before you use anything over it.