ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine cut out

J

jcclio7

just died on me the other day! it wouldnt start for about 5mins after then it was ok, but ive noticed that the engine is idling under 1k sometimes, then othertimes its about 1.1k like i think it always used 2 be.

its a 1.216v 03plate...any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
sparkplugs, ht leads, coil pack, throttle body, could be a few things mate, best to get it plugged in to the laptop

J

jcclio7

I'm gonna try plugs and leads first...whats best to go out and get?

Did your car not used 2 idle under 1000? once the engine is warm in mine its usually at about 750 i think, wen its cold i think its around 1000 or so

J

jcclio7

thats a good point actually....never really took any notice untill it cut out on me, i'll keep an eye on it!

its just reli lumpy on idle so it does need a little work i think

oh also forgot 2 say, had a similar problem on our old clio 1.2 16v, had a diagnosis computer thing plugged into it and it came up with an unknown code if i remember, the man at the garage sed hes seen alot of clios with that problem. it used 2 stall itself if u just left it sumtimes and sometimes it just wouldnt start and for no apparent reason abit l8r it wud be fine. we just got rid of the car then and got another clio lol. im not saying this is what is wrong with yours, but a computer diagnosis thingy could maybe give u an idea of the problem as i belive kic also mentioned??

J

jcclio7

got myself some plugs and im gonna attempt to put them in today. never done anythin like this before so is there anythin i should look out for, and anythin special im gonna need?

Storm Grey 200
Hi, i have a spare coil pack, if you do want to changes yours PM me as i will be cheaper than a dealer... :)