ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine dead....

Clio Sport 172 ITB
ok so i was at the ring at the weekend and the engine went pop. sounded like it hit the rev limiter in 5th at 5000 revs and now it wont even turn over.... anyone know what might be the problem from what i described? i have tried to push the car while in gear and its a no go.....

Tav

Clio 197
It sounds like something very wrong...if you don't know what you are doing get someone who does to have a look. Sounds like the it's going to have to come apart to find out what the issue is.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Sounds like it got so hot its just seized, strip it down and find out ;)

Im expecting to see melted piston rings.

b/g 182, meg tourer
when was the cambelt last done?
what kind of noise did it make when it stopped working and when you tried to start it?

Clio Sport 172 ITB
i know its not k-tec's fault :) i have had 2 cambelt changes by them already! i trust them with my car :)

b/g 182, meg tourer
yeah, i would feel confident for k-tec to do it too.

well i suppose you could get a local garage to have a quick look or if you can get it to k-tec that might be best.
sorry i cant really help tbh. hope you get it sorted.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Just had one come in very similiar, just stopped and smoked as he drove down a road.

Would not turn over, did the belt etc a couple of months ago.

Took it apart yesterday and you have never seen anything like it, absolutely mullered! 2 x valves snapped clean off and knocked holes through the pistons.

No obvious reason for it either! found no faults!

ITB'd MK1
Just had one come in very similiar, just stopped and smoked as he drove down a road.

Would not turn over, did the belt etc a couple of months ago.

Took it apart yesterday and you have never seen anything like it, absolutely mullered! 2 x valves snapped clean off and knocked holes through the pistons.

No obvious reason for it either! found no faults!

head fallen off the valve where they're welded on? Seen that once before, pretty certain that car was driven bouncing off the limiter everywhere it went.

Bits of valve had made it into every cylinder from the reverse flow of gases, utterly destroyed.

Sounds bad Kev, bad times for you as you said the bottom end let go two weeks ago? Did you get it rebuilt and now this!?

Clio Sport 172 ITB
i cant get the plug nearest the gearbox out at the moment fred and u cant really look down the hole its so flipping small!!