ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine dies on hard cornering but restarts immediately??

182 trackcar, XC60t6
I have a fully stripped 182 track car. Last track day the car would go into a sort of limp mode after cornering exceptionally hard. I could coast, key off and crash start immediately tho.

Some sort of electrical sensor loose wiring??? Thoughts?? Aim to scan tool it soon.

pic for interest. NZ based. :)

Attachments

• B406B352-B2C4-4970-B2DE-9DB80D0E0081.jpeg
    B406B352-B2C4-4970-B2DE-9DB80D0E0081.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 20

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Fuel starvation maybe? My MR2 does it with anything less than a quarter of a tank on high G corners.

I also used to have a similar issue with my 182, but instead of cutting it would accelerate on sharp right hand bends, that was defo something electrical. Never got to the bottom of it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I'd say something electrical.

Battery nice and tight? Earth strap on the gearbox?

Don't really get fuel starvation on Clio's unless you run them stupidly low on fuel.

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
How much fuel in the tank/what sort of corners? There's a couple of corners (e.g. Church @thruxton) I've had fuel starvation on when down at ~ 1/3 tank.

182 trackcar, XC60t6
Fuel. Yes have had that problem and now I always run over 1/2 a tank. Long fast sweepers is the issue.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  R.S 200
There’s probably a wire/Earth being pulled.

What engine mounts are your running?