ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine flush - yes or no?

t3 corolla 116bhp
just wanting to see what the opinion is on using engine flush when changing the engine oil?

personally, i have always used it on my car. Has had about 4 oil changes since i owned it and has done near 30k in that time without any problems so far as im aware.

so i just want to see what evryone else out there is doing.

ta

jonnt

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
I don't think it is neccesary as long the engine gets fresh oil regularly...I'm afraid the engine flush might damage seals and gaskets....

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Ive been told its a bad idea as it could dislodge deposits that might not necessarily drain out that then float round the engine and potentially cause damage.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ah nice. Thats what I do so I was just making sure I was doing it for the right reason!

ITB'd MK1
flush can do a good job of freeing up a sticky lifter or the like. If the engine is really clogged up then yes it can loosen things which weren't causing a problem and make them an issue.

PH1 172 Sport
Nah i wouldn't either but im sure ive read of someone doing it on here somewhere! Fred maybe but im not sure.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I was told by Guy from opieoils never to flush the engine . Just change the oil and filter , job done .

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i wouldnt use it on diesels, ive seen it used on a nissan primera diesel and it fuked it rite up, not so bad on petrols but i would only use it on old petrol engines.

Clio Sport 172
hey guys,... stupidly i said yes to get my engine oil flushed this morning... They made it sound like a great idea at the time. Have since read posts like these about not flushing.. i guess its too late now as the flush has been through, shall i just run with the new oil or should i drain it and start again to save damage?