ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine/Gearbox Codes Laguna 1.6

CB600FS
Yeah the engines are both K4M Josh but the K4M 748 in the Clio isn't exactly the same as the K4M in the Laguna 1998.

What you doing engine change?

www.renparts.co.uk
Ive got a laguna on the way that im going to be breaking, is it a direct exhange for a clio Unit? and what shares the Box?
regards
josh

CB600FS
JB3? Used in virtually all Renault Petrols (except 2.0, V6 etc) since they started using it. Clios, virtually all the first shape Meganes/Scenics. It'll fit loads.

Never went in the Laguna 2 and just recently they've started using a 6 speed in even the 1.6 Scenics.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Would the 6 speed fit an older 1.6 16v clio/megane/laguna etc engine?

Reason i ask is cause my friend is looking into rebuilding a 1.4 or 1.6 engine to quite nice spec and 6 speed gearbox would be quite a nice feature, and good for a high revving engine to keep in the power band.

CB600FS
Neither the PK6, TL4 or ND0 will fit.

For a 1.6 a JB3 would do the job. The next jump from a JB3 is the JC5 which Sports/DCI 80s have - no need in a 1.6 or a 1.4.

does the laguna 1.6 16v gearbox fit to laguna 2.0 16v engine?( K4M to F4R )

Yep but why.

CHeck about speedo sensors though you might need a box with sensor so get the right one if the box has the sensor its not an issue if it does or dones't but if you get a box which does't have it your car needs wiring mods to make it work otherwise.

laguna 2.0 turbo (F7R)
does the laguna 1.6 16v gearbox fit to laguna 2.0 16v engine?( K4M to F4R )

Yep but why.

CHeck about speedo sensors though you might need a box with sensor so get the right one if the box has the sensor its not an issue if it does or dones't but if you get a box which does't have it your car needs wiring mods to make it work otherwise.

I am putting a 2L engine in my renault laguna 1.6.
I want to try the 1.6 gearbox on the 2L engine first and then change it later. (save money) . If it is not working well I will just buy the 2L gearbox. It's ok to try :D

Thanks for the info:)