ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine/gearbox mount

mk 2 clio
right so i was driving home about an hour ago, only a 10 minute drive and i heard a knock noise and car started to rock back and forth a little, so took it easy on the way home. when changing gears the gear stick was moving a lot further to get into gear and moving around alot when accelerating and braking. so i got home and got my step dad to drive it quickly, hes machanically minded, im not. he came back 5 minutes later said its an engine gearbox mount. opened the bonnet and you can rock the engine backwards and forwards. the top mounts fine, and the way its rocking is something central not on the left or the right of the car.

does anyone know where roughly the mount is, if its hard to replace, or if it could be something completely different altogether. its a clio grande 1.2 W reg.