ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine/gearbox mounts problem?

182 ff
when the cars in 1st gear and you press and come off the accelerator, the car is really jerky(kangaroo's) the gear lever moves abit.
the drivers side engine mount looks worn (you can rock the engine).
I placed a a rubber washer in the mount to stop the movement,but its still jerky.
do I need new engine mounts (2?) and a gearbox dog bone?
is their another gearbox mount?
or is it the drive shafts or gears that are worn and causing excess play.
any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Canary172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
If there's a fair bit of displacement when you rock the engine then I'd say it was mount related, especially if you say that the mount looks worn.

There's another gearbox mount below the battery. I've replaced this, the dogbone with the Powerflex polybush kit (bear in mind that it transfers more noise into the cabin than the standard dogbone bushes), and the upper engine mount (the one to left hand side of the engine bay). As a result, the gear change is now a lot more slick and the engine rocking has been virtually eliminated!

182 ff
yes the drivers side mount there is a 10mm gap between the rubber and the metal housing. you can rock the engine.
under that battery there is movement.
are there just 2 mounts and 1 dogbone?
I have seen k tec package (you get 2 mounts and powerflex db kit for £237.
also seen vibra tech, not sure if they are the same.
just had all new springs/damper/mounts on,its a bottomless pit.
thanks anyway,ill just change the lot at once.

Canary172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
yes the drivers side mount there is a 10mm gap between the rubber and the metal housing. you can rock the engine.
under that battery there is movement.
are there just 2 mounts and 1 dogbone?
I have seen k tec package (you get 2 mounts and powerflex db kit for £237.
also seen vibra tech, not sure if they are the same.
just had all new springs/damper/mounts on,its a bottomless pit.
thanks anyway,ill just change the lot at once.

I just bought standard ones. £50 ish for the upper mount, £35 ish for the Powerflex dogbone polybush kit, and £13 for the upper gearbox mount.