ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine / Gearbox Mounts?

Clio 200 Black and White
My Trophy is a lot more jerky when I come off throttle than my old 182 FF: has a real tendancy to lurch forward when you come sudenly off the power at high RPM.

Could this be due to worn out engine or gearbox mounts perhaps? I have coilovers on the Trophy - does this make a difference to how jerky it feels coming off throttle?

Last edited:
  RS RIP
Yep you describe it very well mate :) i found that mine did exactly that ; i went and changed the mounts all round. All round because at first i tried the dogbone mount, which did'nt really help and then i was sick of it and did the rest to be sure.

Drives like new afterwards ! The second time for mounts in 70K+ miles btw...

Dodgy one
Also have the same problem, I've narrowed it down to the lower engine mount which i'm going to Polyflex the top ones been chocked

RS RIP
there is the one visible on the top left (when facing the engine from front of car) , there is one below the battery, there is the dogbone mount (near exhaust manifold, centre lowest mount) and then there is the one the engine sort of "leans"on , below right side (again when facing engine from front) .under gearbox I hanged this last one but really think i could have forgotten about that one.. first three being the important ones i think, movement-wise

Nissan 350z
You cant powerflex all the mounts right? They only do Dogbone, Bush and Anti-Rollbar uprated mounts i thought. Did you replace the rest with new Renault ones?

Clio 182
Mine was doing exactly the same as yours, I've just replaced all the engine mounts with standard renault items and replaced the Dogbone with a polybush kit.

MASSIVE improvement.

Don't just do the dogbone, it'll find the next knackered mount in the group and eat that and then onto the next.

I would have got the K-tech uprated top engine and gearbox mounts aswell but i couldn't afford the extra quids on top of what all that lot cost me.

Laters, Donut.

Recaro + Cupped 182
Mine was doing exactly the same as yours, I've just replaced all the engine mounts with standard renault items and replaced the Dogbone with a polybush kit.

MASSIVE improvement.

Don't just do the dogbone, it'll find the next knackered mount in the group and eat that and then onto the next.

I would have got the K-tech uprated top engine and gearbox mounts aswell but i couldn't afford the extra quids on top of what all that lot cost me.

Laters, Donut.

Scuse me being nosey but how much did that lot cost?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yep you describe it very well mate :) i found that mine did exactly that ; i went and changed the mounts all round. All round because at first i tried the dogbone mount, which did'nt really help and then i was sick of it and did the rest to be sure.

Drives like new afterwards ! The second time for mounts in 70K+ miles btw...

Agree mate ! Swop em all mate TOTALLY different car :approve: mine was

Clio 182
I got the full set of mounts from K-tec for about £120. inc P&P i think.

Got the powerflex dogbone bushes off ebay for £35 inc P&P

For the uprated K-tec ones (currently on deal I think) plus the standard lower GB mount and Ebay dogbone you'd be looking at just over two hundred. Not crazy money but enough to be spending on parts that shouldn't fail on a car that's only done 35k.

Laters, Donut.

RS RIP
You cant powerflex all the mounts right? They only do Dogbone, Bush and Anti-Rollbar uprated mounts i thought. Did you replace the rest with new Renault ones?

I did OEM all round.. the K-tec uprated ones were'nt around then, might have gone for those if they were

The new oem mounts also took all the "play" out of it so i'm happy

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I've just paid £51 for a Kangoo TD top mount, £16 for a gearbox mount from the same car. The Dogbone was about £37 last time I looked and I think the lower gearbox mount is about £17.