ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine help ?

Renault clio 1.2 RT
any1 know of anywere that does good second hand engines and or can fit them or get them out the old car ive been round 3 scrappys in liverpool and ther all 1.2 mk1 engines myns a mark 2 NEED A ENGINE :(

try www.247spares.com mate fill in the parts request although with it being sunday you might not hear anything until tommorow.
this is where i got my engine got about ten prices going from 230-650 got one with 8k on it for 250 delivered!only thing is though mate when your buying a 2nd hand engine your always running the risk it will have problems of it's own and the mileage might not be what they tell you it is

Renault clio 1.2 RT
i would i would but how the feck could i insure that ide ave to keep it as a 1.2 on the log book how much woulda ye let 1 go for btw ?

well it isnt drinking oil at 1litre every hundred miles and got the power back at the top end, done about 12k on it now and never had a problem although their is scraping noise coming from somewhere(possibly alternator bearings).
it might not be easy to find a low mileage mk1 engine but speak to the people who are selling it see how much they can tell you about it if they seem like their making it up as they go along walk away.i'll try and dig out the number where i got mine from they also had a mk1 1.2 sitting think they were based in ipswich