ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine idle problem!!

Clio Sport 172
Hi all first time posted on this new forum. I have a 1.6 16v clio and on my way to work this morning and the revs keep dropping just enof to not stall and when i was putting my foot down it was pulling as it would then it would go sluggish then pull again.

Ive had the ignition coils replaced as these where a faulty recall but i had them done outside warrenty a year ago. Before it goes onto a dignosis computer tomorow i just want to know what sort of problem im looking at?

Also to add i had a k tec ramcharger induction kit fitted about 16 months ago but theres a added breather that goes on a pipe that sucks air in the top right area of the engine (sorry for the bleak discription) the guy at the local garage told me that could be the problem as the breather fell off when i first put it on and never bothered replacing it as its such a small pipe but i explained how it been off all this time and all off a sudden it starts this constant lack of power and rev problem.

any help will be greatfull

steven mc

Clio Mk1 Hybrid
I'm having exactly the same problem with my valver, only when it's stone cold and it also has either been raining or is raining putting it down to electrical although im not too bothered about it at the moment

Dave

Audi TT 225
I had a similar problem lower down the rev renage and it was something really stupid.

If you look at the throttle body theres a metal bracket with a black plastic pipe bit that the throttle cable runs through. The plastic thing had snapped in two and there was too much slack in the cable so it was idling too low and stalling at low rev's....

might not be this but worth checking :D

Clio Sport 172
checked that mate cheers for the info anyway. had in in the garage today turns out it was a injector coil but only one this time and not all four 95 quid pluss fitting cheaper than what i expected. thanks for all the help guys

steven m

al

ST on the way...
Mine was doing the exact same a few weeks ago, dealer tried changing coils, still made no difference, in the end they fitted a new throttle bodie under warranty, which seems to have cured it, if thats any use?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 1.2 16V was having a problem at idle where the revs would drop to under 500rpm at traffic lights or a roundabout and would sometimes stall. it was driving perfect though. renault changed the coil pack and then spark plugs and that helped nothing, then when i booked it in to the garage to be checked again it just stopped and hasnt done it since.