ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine info

clio sport ph 1
I have got a standard engine with remap , decat exhaust , ported manifold etc ,182 manifold.
I woud like to hold power untill the limiter 8000 but it drops off before ......
What cams for high torue power at the end off the rev range??

thanks

172/1.2/E30
8000 limiter? Will need serious work for this. Valvetrain is the limiting factor starting at around 7800 rpm.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
If you're planning on holding it at a raised 8k limit for relatively longer amounts of time than normal then, as mr pink says, you'd probably want to look at upgrading a few components first.

53 Clio's & counting
You would need rod bolts as Dan says, and looking into getting rid of the standard lifters and going solid, plus better valves = £££££££ - plus I wouldn't want to have substained revs that high, anything could break - rods included.

Can you give us some more info into why you want it to rev that high?

The engine is designed to make power between a set revs - lets say 4500-6800 rpm, and fitting a set of cams for example would increase power at revs you can use reliably - getting the engine to rev that high safely would cost you a lot of money, and be pretty pointless as the F4R is not an engine that is designed to rev that high.

clio sport ph 1
I got ARP rod bolts because I replaced the sump:eek:. It has got the limiter set on +-8000 (on the dash) when warm , I like the that little extra at the top .
But bye bye power at the top off the rev range .
The clio 197 F4r has some more grunt high up the rev range .But little power low down . (my personal test drive).
I like a nice big wide spread off powerband that I can use .
What cams do people use ??