ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Light and Brake Light Switch

Ph2 172
My 02 172's engine management light is on at the moment, after having a diagnostics check on it its showing that the brake light switch is faulty? Anyone else had this? How expensive is the part and how tricky is it to replace. I've never come across one before!

Clown Car
The brake light switch is a common fault, it sits just above the brake pedal, i have not taken one out but it looks like it may just pop out of its holder, i have had to adjust mine a couple of times because it brought on the serv, abs and tc light, i can't see it being any more than £15 if it does need replacing.

Clown Car
If you do replace the switch yourself it will more than likely need adjusting after you have fitted it or you could try adjusting the one fitted to your car first to see what happens.

The brake light switch is a common fault, it sits just above the brake pedal, i have not taken one out but it looks like it may just pop out of its holder, i have had to adjust mine a couple of times because it brought on the serv, abs and tc light, i can't see it being any more than £15 if it does need replacing.

Its only common on the 182's. also the way there ABS is programe form new can cause this isue if its not fixed. It can be a faulty switcvh on the 172 but its very rare.

Check the brake switch hasn't come loose its easy to fit.

Its rare to get the ECU laight for the switch ask the garage for the exact fault code.