ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Light Flashing & Shudder/Power Loss 182CUP

R26
I already made a thread about this but in the wrong section :eek:

Basically i just got my RB182 cup lastweek, but yesterday i noticed that when i was at around 2-3k revs, if i put my foot on the pedal, the car would like shudder like there is no power or something? Also it made the engine light flash for around 30 seconds, and i also noticed a smell of burning?? Any ideas would be hugely welcome :) thanks

R26
Had this in my 182 (minus the burning smell). I replaced the Coil pack, all 4 sparks and HT leads and its fine now. Was misfiring and virtually undrivable.

Get those parts checked or replaced.

Black 197
^^ As above

Coil packs and HT leads are my guess too... Had them go on my 182 a few years back, Not sure on the burning smell though but it could be unburnt fuel in the exhaust or something from the misfiring

R26
Excellent thanks for the fast response guys, i have a 1 year warranty on the car so ive got them to collect it tomorrow. Ill pass on what you guys have said the the dealer and hopefully it will be sorted in no time :)

R26
Cars back & Fixed, When valeting the car before they handed it over they say they got water on the Sparkplugs... Oh well sorted now :) thanks for the help guys x

Clio 182 FF
Cars back & Fixed, When valeting the car before they handed it over they say they got water on the Sparkplugs... Oh well sorted now :) thanks for the help guys x

Had exactly the same thing with mine... Bought the car a week later it was doing the above... They cleaned it all out and gave me four new plugs :)

Never Jet wash your engine bay it seems.....