ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management light + stalling?

SchwepTek™
Went for a long drive to London and back today to pick up some new seats for the car.

On the way back the car stalled about 6 times in traffic and is now doing it when driving slowly. Also the engine management light is on and the throttle is very sensitive and its running very lumpy.

The battery was disconnected for about an hour whilst in london but dont think this should affect anything?!?!

Any ideas what the problem is? :(

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
hmm odd one. mine seems ok mate.... are you changing gear properly now????? sorry had to say that. but in all honesty it doesnt sound so good.....

C

clvs2222

ohh dear, havent got a clue whats wrong, but get it sorted asap mate!

172 Race Car
Why did u disconnect the battery? to fit the seats?

can u not get the fault codes up on the rs tuner?

SchwepTek™
OK it stalled a few times again on the way home. Just dies out for now reason when idling. Revs/idle are still erratic too. No warning lights on though.

Will plug in RSTuner and see what I get.

SchwepTek™
ok. I just had it on cruise at 70mph and the light came on and it stalled! Then it wouldnt go above 2.5k revs so I restarted and it's okish now. Revs drop slowly though when revving whilst stationary.

SchwepTek™
What was your suggestion? Sounds like its in limp mode. it deffo throttle related

Hmmmm i'll give you a call if Burps idea doesnt work dude.

He said to disconnect battery for 15 mins so it resets and then connect it back up and leave the car running for 15 mins without moving so ECU can relearn everything.

Ultra Red Megane 225
Have you tried cleaning the throttle body with some brake cleaner?

if you need throttle body or pedal i have one of each. mine was doing the same thing, i tried them both but they didnt work. renault have now put it down to a "wiring fault" which needs to be traced. deep joy.

PM me if interested.

C

caz

mine does the same - garage diagnosed it as the throttle body! has been getting worse as time goes by. quoted £500 to replace but im getting 1 from the scrappy then the cars being sold! also very bad on fuel atm - get about 200 miles to a full tank of £50!

SchwepTek™
OK still having major problems guys.

Any help would be great.

It is stalling alot whether idling or driving along the motorway! Smells like its overfuelling also. Sometimes limits to 2.5k revs and 30mph!

Turning the ignition on and off cures all problems for a while though!!!

172 Race Car
Of course your still having problems, you avent done anything about it yet.

Borrow someones throttle pedal and try that

SchwepTek™
Of course your still having problems, you avent done anything about it yet.

Borrow someones throttle pedal and try that

Funny you should say that!

Someone on CS has told me that the code i got from RStuner was exactly the same as the code they had from Renaults Diagnostic machine and it was throttle pedal!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well what exactly do you expect?? You moan your cars not very well, then reply to your own thread saying its still not well, and 3 mechanics have all told you whats wrong with it!!

Wanna come round for a cuddle? That make it better? My wifes out....

SchwepTek™
Well what exactly do you expect?? You moan your cars not very well, then reply to your own thread saying its still not well, and 3 mechanics have all told you whats wrong with it!!

Wanna come round for a cuddle? That make it better? My wifes out....

yes please :(

but i cant coz cars all bwoken ;)