ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management Light

clio sport 182
I drive a clio sport 182, iv had no problems until my engine management light started flashing when i was idling or driving at slow speeds, on xmas day the temp needle was dropping then returning to the middle then dropping again. Then i started losing power and i pulled over, the car was revving itself. I turned the engine off, left it for a while then drove off again. Further down the road i lost power again and the engine cut out showing the battery light and the stop light. It wouldnt start again. I left it for a few days and it started working again but the temp needle was still flicking up and down. I took it to 2 garages, both claimed it had stopped doing it. I read that it could be the engine coolant sensor which they replaced for me. Everything was fine until recently the engine management light has been coming on when iv been idling or driving at low speeds in traffic. It usualy comes on about 1 minute after i do this. I don't loose power or notice anything different but im worried something s up. Any ideas?

172 & LCR
Probably unrelated to previous problem you need to get it plugged in to diagnostic machine see what codes are showing most likely a lambda sensor playing up.

Hope this helps.

clio sport 182
Thanks, iv just had a read about the lambda sensor, a few sites are saying it could just need a clean so il try that

clio sport 182
iv just had a look on vosa's website and the MOT history for my car, it failed its MOt twice just before i got it becuase of the lambda, so im pretty sure its that, the cars not under warranty so i dont fancy paying them to check it

M3 SMG
How odd, i have just had the EXACT same problem bar the loss of power.
just happened to me and i know my Lambda is on the way out as i had the codes checked recently.
more money joy.