ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine management light

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I'm looking at a 182 tomorrow, hoping this one will be a good one I fancy buying!

Just found out the car is de-catted and the engine management light has come on, apparently the light only came on after the battery had gone flat recently and a mechanic has quoted the current owner £15 to switch it off.

Just wondering does this sound right as I'd of thought the light would have come on immediately after the de-cat, and that it can't be turned off by plugging in a computer to the ecu? The light would just come back on again?

If someone could clear this up I'd appreciate it as the car seems immaculate apart from this!

Also will the ecu run the engine correctly with a de-cat considering the car hasn't been remapped? I've found a few things on this but opinions seem to vary.

Cheers

Stripped yozza'd cup
That's pretty normal mate. It shouldn't affect the Car at all, but might be worth getting it turned off anyway.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Cheers mate I'm gonna assume the light is just triggered by the de-cat, but I'll get a diagnostics test straight away if I buy the car!

clio 182 ff
if your after a standard cat, i've got one in my shed, just removed from mine as put full k-tec system on including sports cat...open to sensible offers on it