ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management Light

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
This warning light has just come on while I was going down the bypass.
I plugged my fault reader in and it said there was one fault but it just said N/A and didn't give the fault code.

Any ideas what it could be? The car was driving fine :S

IMG_0398.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Emissions light mate and yes your decat will have caused that. Some come on some don't.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Emissions light mate and yes your decat will have caused that. Some come on some don't.

Ah thanks. It did come on a few weeks ago but I cleared it and it was fine. For some reason I thought it was a different light :S
I'll clear it again :rasp:

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Sorry to thread hijack but just wanted to check, my EM light has also come on but I'm running a cat with a standard exhaust, but it's very rusty and possibly blowing slightly. Would a blowing exhaust cause the EM light to come on? The car runs fine and starts 1st time everytime

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
@ Sam - This is the "MIL" or "Malfunction Indicator Light"... it can come on for a number of reasons including Post-CAT H02 sensor when people de-CAT but it can also come on for many different reasons. Yes, a blowing exhaust could trigger the MIL depending on the size and position of the leak as it will richen up the AFR which the Post-CAT H02 interpruts as a management/fuelling fault.

Your case will proberbly turn out to be something simple to fix but it really needs diagnostics to avoid wasting money on a new exhaust section or H02 sensor.

Mick

182cup & 172 racecar
Sorry to thread hijack but just wanted to check, my EM light has also come on but I'm running a cat with a standard exhaust, but it's very rusty and possibly blowing slightly. Would a blowing exhaust cause the EM light to come on? The car runs fine and starts 1st time everytime
When the joint on my cat to exhaust started to corrode away, this did happen to me,it would come on randomly.
Anyway a new cat was req (old one beyond repair) all is fine now.
I had fixed it last year with some exhaust sealer,that lasted a year and got me through an MOT just.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Thanks guys I'm certain it's the exhaust then. It currently has some exhaust sealer on the rear silencers so I suspect that's gone, I'm looking to buy a Yozza when I'm home next anyway so hopefully replacing the exhaust will solve it. I'll get the car into my dads garage and the diagnostics plugged in as soon as I'm back home from Uni.

Thanks!

Clio
How did you clear the fault? Do you have a cable and computer or a diagnostic machine or something?​