ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Misfire

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
After driving my 172 yesterday everything seemed fine but today when i took it out it seems to have a misfire :S Seems to be running on 2-3 cylinders and its running lumpy. Ive read a few posts on here and seems to be the coilpack, ive got a spare coil pack so i will be trying that later on today. The plugs are brand new so it isnt them.

Any other ideas before i take to renault to get it looked out with a dianostic computer?

thanks
carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
right, tried the coil pack and it is still doing the same. any ideas?

/carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
another update, the car is misfiring on low rev's 1k-3k. Seems to be running on 3 cylinders. changed the coilpack and changed the plugs. the engine management light comes on after so long when driving it.

/carl

172 vr6 golf
i had this the other day.
you need to remove the inlet manifold to get to the plugs i beleave and its easy to catch the ht lead in the gap when refitting this then breaks down the signel hence the runnin on 3 cylinders. easy way to check is have the car running and with a insulated pair of grips remove each lead from the coil pack one by one. if its the bottom right hand one its the longest lead as you look at the block its the firthest to the right. thats the same as mine. if so its a ht lead thas causing your problems

vectra sri
mine had the same prob,i changed plugs leads and coil pack,no diff so then changed the lambda sensor and it sorted it,cost about £50 fitted it myself,easy job 2 do.
best thing to do is take it to a local garage with a diagnostic machine that way if it is electrical it will show up on the machine.