ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mounts & power steering

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

I have just replaced the engine mounts on my 16v (88k miles). The old ones looked fine from on top, but once they were off, it was obvious they were knackered.

It was a fairly easy job to do and the difference that it has made is amazing.

I have had a horrible klonking sound coming from the car for ages, but didnt think that it was the engine mounts, as they looked fine, this has now disappeared. The car seems to handle better as well, but this may be physcological, as the klonking has gone.

But the strangest change is that my power steering reservoir, which has been leaking out of the cap for the last 2 years since Ive had the car ( I had replaced the cap, but this didnt help) has stopped leaking and the fluid level is fine!

So if you have any of the problems above, replace the engine mounts.

One happy 16v owner!:D

James

Nice one mate, was going to ask about the knocking from my car. Did you get this at idle ? Ive replaced the dogbone, how hard are the others compared to this ? Also, did you get uprated ones and how much/where from ?

Cheers mate,

Mike.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

No knocking at idle, it was mainly when I was going around corners.

The other mounts are fairly easy, the only trouble I had was getting the LH one off, as it was a bit stuff, but a hammer soon sorted that out.

I used standard Renault ones, because AFAIK you cannot get hold of uprated ones in this country, apart from the dogbone from Hillpower. Cost me about £130 for the 2 upper mounts.

James