ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mounts

White Evo V
I think an enigine/gearbox mount has gone on my car. There is a knocking sound now and again and the gears are getting slightly stiff etc!

Im just wondering if you guys think its worth upgrading? I hear alot about issues with vibration etc with uprated mounts and i would rather have the comfort and smoothness tbh so taking that into consideration would it be worth me just going oem again?

Also how many gearbox/engine mounts are there and how much are they from the Dealers per item?

clio sport 172
i would also like to kno this cos i think im rear engine mount is away cos when i put my foot down my backbox nearly hits my back bumper

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I'm running the ktec uprated ones Ben and they're spot on, no vibrations and very little engine movement.

White Evo V
I'm running the ktec uprated ones Ben and they're spot on, no vibrations and very little engine movement.

Ah I see, so for a FULL mount kit its £175.95 (right at the bottom) will this replace ALL my engine and gearbox mounts, or is there more?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2655&pic=1

I want to replace them ALL even if theres just one gone - OCD :S

Out of interest how much more are these than the standard OEM mounts?

Last edited:
  White Evo V
Yes mate they replace all 3

But theres only 2 on the k-tec site, it doesnt show you a lower gearbox mount. I think for £175 you just get upper gearbox mount and upper engine mount!

Im thinking of just buying:

OEM lower gearbox mount - £20.70
OEM upper gearbox mount - £17.25
KTR upper engine mount - £90.85 (as it looks like the only f**ked one i can see)
KTR twisted lower engine mount bushes - £40.25

So altogether it will cost me £169.05 + p&p! God thats alot! :(

I might just find out which one has gone and just replace that with an uprated one! lol

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I think an enigine/gearbox mount has gone on my car. There is a knocking sound now and again and the gears are getting slightly stiff etc!

Not suprised!!!! given the engine your running ;) go for the k-tec uprated upper and gearbox mounts and the powerflex dogbone kit you would be looking at £210 it will be worth it, ive done it and the engine is solid, you kinda forget about the vibrations its not that bad

White Evo V
It just seems soooo much to spend! Suppose I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay £210 for the lot really!

Forgive me if this sounds stupid but what's the advantages of uprated mounts apart from there harder wearing!?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
It just seems soooo much to spend! Suppose I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay £210 for the lot really!

Forgive me if this sounds stupid but what's the advantages of uprated mounts apart from there harder wearing!?

better throttle response ie you put your foot down and instead of the engine/gearbox twisting drive goes direct to the wheels, if you catch my drift :S

Evo
I use the uprated engine mounts from k-tec in the 1.4 clio and at first the vibration is unbearable for a few miles. But they soon wear in and are very good now, no extra vibration over OEM and no engine movement either!