ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mounts

Clio sport Cup 172
The car has the usual knocking under hard acceleration so my first choice was to change the dogbone but just looking throught the car's history it was replaced with a genuine renault one 4 months ago so probably not the cause.Which is the next to try is it the o/s top mount ?? (cant really afford to replace all if not needed)

Clio sport Cup 172
To be honest looking at them they all look ok and dont have much play in them,although you can just see some marks on the black paint on the outer part where the alloy part has hit it on the top o/s side mount (alloy slightly marked).Right i've just been outside and rocked the engine and i can get the centre alloy part to hit the black outer steel section of the mount closest to the bulkhead so its looking like the top mount to me ??

Clio sport Cup 172
Right its official i'm an idiot,just had another look and the block of rubber that should be attached to both sides is missing on the backside doh !!