ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine noise

Clio RS ph1
Can anyone tell me if this noise is normal?

My garage tells me it`s probably the tensioner bearing of the cambelt.

I have took it to the garage where I bought the car to get it fixed and they tell me it`s nothing, and completely normal.

I just don`t know what to believe anymore. So is it something to worry about or not??

th_MOV00038.jpg

Ph1
Think your garage sounds about right. one of the pulley bearings, alternator or tensioner.

Get some deep throat in there. Sounds like a 1.2 sewing machine :)

Clio RS ph1
Thanks Andy! Anybody else got some ideas? I went to another Renault dealer today and been told there`s nothing to worry about:S

He said it`s just the cambelt and that on some cars it`s louder than on others. Is there someone who reconized the noise?

Megane dci 130
Its deffinatly not right. I can tell you that now, It could be the aux belt tentioner roller the fixed roller on the aux belt. Or could be one of the 3 pulleys on the cambelt routing.

The first thing I would do is to remove the aux belt and run it without for a minit to see if the noise goes away.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Now that sounds rough :dead:... must worry you to get the revs up with that noise, sounds like a tight belt but could be anything

Clio RS ph1
Its deffinatly not right. I can tell you that now, It could be the aux belt tentioner roller the fixed roller on the aux belt. Or could be one of the 3 pulleys on the cambelt routing.

The first thing I would do is to remove the aux belt and run it without for a minit to see if the noise goes away.
The aux belt has been off but the noise was still there... Must be one of the pulleys on the cambelt routing then. I'll hope to find out what it realy is next week. The situation drives me crazy:(

B

Bucko

Digging up a thread from the dead but that sounds like the cambelt is too tight. Did you ever find out what it was?

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
would any off this cause mass vibration when at like 3k rpm only in gear not idle,
i have the same kinda f*cked up noise(tickety,dieselly rough) when in engine bay and hearing a few odd noises from inside engine cover