ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Noise

The engine in my car doesnt sound too good. Possibly a hole in the exhaust manifold. Ive not taken it to an exhaust centre yet but how much could replacing exhaust manifold cost. At work Ive heard figures between £200 and £500.

http://www.k-tecracing.comwww.k-tecracing.com

They do a replacement manifold for the 16V - probably adds no power, but will be cheaper than Renault. If youre in no hurry, then peruse the for sale forums and pick up a bargain on a used one.

Thanks for the replies.

After taking the car to Kwik Fit the bloke there said that it sounds/vibrates as though the exhaust manifold has cracked and that they couldnt fix it.

I am now in the process of booking my car in the local garage or Renault Dealer and Im just wondering how long it will take to replace the manifold and roughly how much it will cost including labour assuming labour is £20 an hour (local garage).