ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine noise

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
As most of yous know I bought turbotics trophy. I knew it needed work. One of the things it came to my attention is the sound the engine is making. Here is a quick video. 182 trophy engine grind: http://youtu.be/Sh0a8OIifEI

I got a receipt for the dephaser and Pully. If the engines gubbed I have someone on standby to put in a new engine cheap so won't be an issue. What's your thoughts

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Not the first person to say that. What is the dephaser? Not quite upto date with it

PB172,dci100,dci65
To my ears it sounds like aircon pulley. Dephaser would make a more regular rattling noise IMO.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
about 10,000 miles ago? got it checked aswell. new belt and that are there. its a clio trophy i have.

someone suggested maybe the alternator? getting it looked at tonight so fingers crossed its not to much but dont mind spending money on it tbh

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Ah was going to day that if it was less than 12 months ago I would be taking it back to place who did belts and ask for it to be looked at.

I ha day belts done in may and my engine tone has changed and some tapping. They looking at it for free :)

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Ok I had the clio looked it and it's the water pump Pully that's making the racket. Any advice on where to get the parts and what kinda work is involved changing it?