ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine not running right!

Clio 172
hi guys, iv got an 02 plate clio 172 that iv had a few weeks now and for some reason the engine is ticking over very lumpy and doesn't hav the power it shud have. Im sure all cylinders are firing cause when i disconnect 1 at a time the engine runs much worse. When i put my foot flat to the floor in neutral the engine nearly stalls then the revs. The exhaust gas monitor warning light has come on as well. iv put a new coil pack and some NGK spark plugs in, all 4 plugs are sparkin but it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference!

If any1 could give me any ideas that would be great, cheers!

Da

Less
This seems to be very common, very suddenly.

There's a few threads with similar symptoms in the engine section - mine included.

As you've changed the plugs/leads etc and verified the spark is ok the next thing I would suggest is the MAP sensor. I checked all my plugs/leads/coil pack/O2 sensor and it turned out to be the MAP.

Megane dci 130
Dont dilly dally, if the lights on, there will be a stored fault. Get it put on diagnostics.

Clio 172
Think im gonna hav to giv in and take it to the renault garage up the road, i will let every1 know what the outcome is! Cheers!

Iceberg 2002 172
Please do update this! as i currently have the same problem and got it booked into renault on thursday :( gotta trailer it 40 miles as dont want to risk running it for too long.

Clio 172
Iv taken the car to get it on the computer and it said there was an electrical fault on the 4th injector, they thought it was going to be a damaged wire on the loom so iv taken the injectors out and the 4th injector isn't squirting any petrol when i turn the engine over. I put the 4th wire on the 3rd injector and it squirted petrol so that proved the wire was ok and that the injector is broken. Just got to get a new one and it should hopefully be sorted!

Titanium 182
How much did Renault charge you for a new injector if you don't mind me asking ?

I think it's supposed to be £55 but a mate paid £90 at a motor factors :dead:

Clio 172
Iv literaly taken the injectors out about an hour ago so im just scanning the internet now for prices! I will let u know how much i find an injector for and if it has sorted the problem!

Titanium 182
alright bud, but as I said from memory Renault are cheaper than MF's and the no where keeps them.. Renault will have to order one in I imagine.

Iceberg 2002 172
Nope mine was significantly worse :(

Cambelt idler has snapped and smashed the cambelt casing. was very lucky not to have snapped the cambelt or damaged the engine. going to be a very big repair bill.

Clio 172
Ouch, hard luck mate. Fortunately mine was only the injector, i put the new one in tonight and its running as it should now. The new one did cost me £69 incdluding VAT from a renault garage up the road.