ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine number on a 172????

Clio 172 cup
Hi all im trying to find my engine number on my clio but I cant seem to see it anywhere. Could anyone point me in the right direction as im trying to find out if my car has had an engine swap because my garage where I took it for a service today seem to think it has been changed as there is some blue paint on the engine with 172 written.

The car is a clio 172 Cup on a 53 plate

thanks

Renault Clio 1.2
Hi
I have just bought a second hand Clio Mk 2 1.2 and cant find the engine number. The engine is slightly different in layout to the one in the owners manual photos. It has the expansion tank on the left of the radiator and no power steering reservoir behind the battery. The plastic cover over the spark plugs is also different, being rectangular rather than tapered like the photos show. So, going by the manual the engine number plate is not where they state it is, unless its been removed. Does anyone have an identical engine and know where it should be please? Someone told me I have a D7F engine, but I think that is the one in the manual.